Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rhydian

Hybrid View

Rhydian

I came across this name recently and really like it, but I can't find much information out there about it. Anyone with some Welsh knowledge know anything about it?
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Hmm, the only thing I found was that it's a form of Rhydwyn, which is a village in Wales. The name apparently means 'white ford' or 'crossing'. Nook of Names says only "Rhydian (pronounced ‘RID-ee-an’) — probably from Old Welsh rhudd ‘red’". Cool name. I've never heard it, but I like it a lot.
    Last edited by redwoodfey; August 19th, 2013 at 02:48 AM.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

no info about the name, but I really like the sound of Rhydian
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

Once Upon a Time Baby Names: Rhydian

depending on the pronunciation you want id go with a different spelling so a child doesnt have to deal with spelling and pronunciation errors their entire life.

RID-ee-an : Ridian
    Raiden: same
    Ridan/Rydan: same
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

There is a Welsh classical singer who was a contestant on the X Factor a few years ago called Rhydian Roberts, but he just goes by Rhydian. He pronounces it RID-ee-an. It was the first time I'd come across the name, but I do like it.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan