Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one? Long-time love or New Obsession??

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gabriel Patrick

97 76.98%
  • Owen William

29 23.02%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Gabriel Patrick is super cute!
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.

Quote Originally Posted by lvs1989 View Post
    My favourite name combination for myself is actually Gabriel William - it's what I'd choose if I was going to have a boy. (Though I also like Noah Jacob and Benjamin Eliot.) Maybe Gabriel William would be a good compromise as Gabriel is the first name you really, really want and William is one of his choices and has significance?
    You're right. Something clicked with me when I read this. I think that would be the best compromise of them all, since like you said, William is the family name and, although Owen is a great name, it barely has any significance to us personally.

lvs1989, you have great taste and great advice! Thank you
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Clarice, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah

We had a great time of dinner and games last night with my in-laws and the subject of names was brought up. On the way home, Michael and I spoke of lots of possibilities; he even ended the night looking at a list of rare Irish names on Nameberry and really enjoyed himself! He said he felt like me- Lol! (We ended up coming up with a girl combo during this!) And honestly, these last couple weeks have given me a new appreciation for the name William and his family history behind it.

Little by little we are both discovering how to let go of preconceived notions, and this entire process (that includes all the suggestions and advice from this thread!!!!) is giving us both a deeper appreciation and love for each other <3 ....That's ultimately what this journey of life is all about

And to those of you who wonder: yes, I believe I will still keep Gabriel Patrick in my signature for now just because I'm still in love with him so incredibly much....but after all the discussion, I think I am more comfortable with the idea of giving it up or compromising if necessary when the time comes. Even though I said I'd never use a double middle name, this afternoon I actually (seriously) started considering it- thanks to the advice several of you offered; but when suggesting my favorites of #1. Gabriel Owen Patrick and #2. Tobiah William Nicholas-- both of which I am currently enraptured with at the moment-- he didn't care for them. But it's my own fault. I engrained in him that two middles are a lot of name, especially with our 4 syllable last. But, honestly, I realized that if you find the right combination, it is totally do-able. I was ready to commit, truly. So solid and handsome, fitting each of our puzzle pieces together so beautifully! ...I suppose I can keep them as guilty pleasures for the time being.

I'm just happy that my husband has come to realize that he may not love Owen as much as I truly love Gabriel. It seems that the more names he looks at, the more he himself warms back up to our original choice- and out of his own mouth last night [to his parents] came the words: "we are planning to name our first son Gabriel"...Yay! So I guess we'll take our time to see which Gabriel combo fits the best for us and then go from there to determine a second son's name. Feel free to keep suggesting and commenting tho! I appreciate your help
    Last edited by iwillpraise; August 26th, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
    O Lord, our Lord,

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

P.S. misschelseabeth (I LOVE your avatar!) and erin91, thank you for your support!

I can't believe we just hit the 100 mark on my poll so far!!!! It's incredible!
    Last edited by iwillpraise; August 25th, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
    O Lord, our Lord,

Owen and Logan have nothing in common other than they both have two syllables and end in the letter "n." No one would ever think that you chose a similar name to their son.

But Gabriel is infinitely preferable to Owen, IMO. Gabriel Patrick, Gabriel Owen, even Gabriel William is great.
    Two pink lines means we're now planning and not just dreaming of names! First babe, due 4/17.

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Arietta June, Leonora Pearl, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose