Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one? Long-time love or New Obsession??

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gabriel Patrick

97 76.98%
  • Owen William

29 23.02%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Gabriel Patrick calls to you so deeply that I think you should stick to your guns. Besides, you could always have a second son, whether biologically or through adoption.

If you ever did somehow go to Owen, William sounds weird as a middle. Owen Michael or Owen Gabriel make more sense to me. Owen William is awkward to say because of how close the w's are.

I say your first son should be Gabriel Patrick, and if you have a second son (and he still likes it!), Owen Michael.

Maybe get your husband to say Gabe & Logan together, and he may come around.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwillpraise View Post
    Of the suggestions, he really likes Gabriel Owen and Liam Patrick. Like Owen, Liam was another name I had suggested at the beginning of my search, while trying to find our style. I remember him saying, "What is the purpose of using only half the name to honor a William?" LOL. I guess even his horizons have broadened since I've been involved on Nameberry! haha. I honestly had never heard of Liam until a few years ago. I can appreciate it as a great name, but just don't know if it has that I-could-fall-in-love-with-you-everyday-for-a-lifetime factor, if you know what I mean.
    I think Gabriel Owen would be the perfect name for son #1. It uses your favorite first name and his favorite name. Liam Patrick would be perfect for son #2 because you still get to use Patrick and he get to honor through Liam. It's a win-win situation for both of you!

Our front runner for a boy is Frederick. It's not my #1 name but I love that SO is so in love with it (and it honors his dad). For that reason, we will use it.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I voted for Gabriel Patrick. I love both names. Patrick is one of my guilty pleasure names. Everyone seems to think its a good idea to compromise so I was wondering how you felt about using 2 middle names. You could use Gabriel Patrick Owen or Gabriel Owen Patrick.

I like casilda's suggestion of naming your first son Gabriel Owen and your second son Liam Patrick. It makes a cute sibset too.
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

Quote Originally Posted by liviajoan View Post
    Gabriel Patrick calls to you so deeply that I think you should stick to your guns. Besides, you could always have a second son, whether biologically or through adoption.

If you ever did somehow go to Owen, William sounds weird as a middle. Owen Michael or Owen Gabriel make more sense to me. Owen William is awkward to say because of how close the w's are.

I say your first son should be Gabriel Patrick, and if you have a second son (and he still likes it!), Owen Michael.

Maybe get your husband to say Gabe & Logan together, and he may come around.

Owen William sounded weird to me too - but I thought it was because of the endings "n" and "m" that didn't sound quite right. But, good eye (and ear!) it very well could be the "w"s instead! And I appreciate the other things you've said as well: "Gabriel Patrick calls to you so deeply", "I say your first son should be Gabriel Patrick, and if you have a second son (and he still likes it!), Owen Michael." And, you're right, even when I brought it up, he doesn't see the correlation between Owen and Logan, but then again women are so much more in tune with making mountains out of molehills - lol
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Clarice, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah