Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one? Long-time love or New Obsession??

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gabriel Patrick

97 76.98%
  • Owen William

29 23.02%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

After years of agreement, Husb just changed his mind!!!

My name-world is shattered, fellow berries!! After spending hour-on-end picking a name true to us, and nearly 2 years loving our first choice for a son, my husband decided on a whim that he'd changed his mind! The worst part?? He went back to a name I suggested at the beginning of my search, one I have always been uncertain about and HE shot down. Now I've moved on!! I don't know what to think - this is so upsetting.

Gabriel Patrick is still my ultimate and long-term-love. I have loved both Gabriel and Patrick since I was young: such rich history and meaning, great namesakes. Ever since the first mention of the 2 together.... well, let's just say my heart still skips a beat. Like this is my son, engrained in the fiber of my heart. Although I've always been drawn to them, I truly chose them with the intentions of reflecting my husband's strong Biblical name, Michael, and his Irish heritage, so I feel it is a part of both of us.

The past couple days, he has gone back to Owen, choosing William or Michael as the middle. Granted, William is a family name - he and his dad's middle, and maternal grandfather's first. Unfortunately I feel it is an overly-used name, especially as a middle filler in our generation. I feel that Owen may be too modern for my taste based on it's popularity over recent years (though I know it's a name steeped in heritage with a history of it's own); but the most off-putting for me is that I feel his sudden interest for Owen comes from his brother and sister-in-law's choosing of similar-sounding Logan for their baby due this November. And, to put it plainly, we do not need their inspiration after the hurt they've caused us as a couple. At this point, it's best to keep our distance, and naming our son such a similar name is certainly not the way to do that. Of course, husband doesn't see the impending drama, but I say, better safe than sorry! Besides, could I even imagine giving up Gabriel Patrick forever....? Sniff :'(

I really think it's important that we both have a say in such a big decision, but why is it that guys have little interest about this stuff unless they have a STRONG undying opinion???

What is your opinion, taking all this into consideration? What would you do and ultimately which name do you prefer??
    Last edited by iwillpraise; August 19th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Clarice, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah

It sounds like Owen is not the name for you. If he is unwilling to agree to Gabriel Patrick, I think you should come up with a new option altogether. I hope you can sway him back to Gabriel though!

Gabriel stands out to me much more; plus, it seems there's much family drama behind the name Owen. I do, however, think that Gabriel Owen works well, even better than Gabriel Patrick. Might this be a possible choice for you?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Alzora, thank you for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    Gabriel stands out to me much more; plus, it seems there's much family drama behind the name Owen. I do, however, think that Gabriel Owen works well, even better than Gabriel Patrick. Might this be a possible choice for you?
    You know, that is actually a good suggestion. I might need to consider it; at least ask what he thinks. Bibliophile, you might just be on to something here! hmmm....
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Clarice, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah

I love Gabriel and Owen both, but I really dislike the name Patrick... so I chose Owen. But really, both first names are lovely.

Can you and your husband compromise? Can you use Gabriel Owen? Or Gabriel William?

Edit: Just saw someone else suggest this. How's it goin?
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin