Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A brother for Lotus and Phoenix. Suggestions?

Hi! I hate baby naming. I just do. It's not fun for me. So! I very much welcome suggestions! I'll still be going through the books and searching online, but I will take all the help I can get!

Our daughter and son are Lotus and Phoenix. Our naming preferences are: Noun, in English, with a clear, known symbol (lotus, phoenix), nature or mythology preferred, the less common the better (Phoenix is uncomfortably popular for me). We like to be literal with the meanings: some people like name meanings like "Susan, it means lily". No, Susan means Susan and Lily means lily. That's just how we roll and its what works for us. No worries about having "weird" names as we live in a hippy liberal town where weird names are common.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!
    Last edited by pineapplelunchbox27; August 19th, 2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Horrendous typo

Harlan Rafferty ✦ Lorcan Barnaby ✦ Soren Felix
    ✗ Lists still under construction ✗

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

Orion - constellation
    River
    Bay
    Hawk
    Eagle
    Atlas
    Canyon
    Maverick
    Zephyr
    Brave
    Garnet
    Hail
    Griffin
    Kestrel
    Everest
    Birch
    Tempest - synonym for storm
    Fox
    Aspen
    Mercury
    Lion
    Cedar
    Cypress
    Thane
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Roan or Lynx are the only additions that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplelunchbox27 View Post
    We like to be literal with the meanings: some people like name meanings like "Susan, it means lily". No, Susan means Susan and Lily means lily.
    Hah! I like your perspective! Welcome to Nameberry. I wrote a Nameberry blog a few months ago that contained several names you may like. I've listed the ones I think you may like below, but here is the link to the blog if you'd like to see it in full: Arctic Baby Names: Icy cold but cool – Baby Name Blog - Nameberry.

Aquilo (“AK-wuh-loh” is the ancient Roman personification of the north wind)
    Heath
    Moss
    North
    Orion
    Spruce
    Wolf
    Boreas (“BAWR-ee-uhs” or “BOHR-ee-uhs” is the ancient Greek personification of the north wind)
    Eider (“AHY-der,” waterfowl found in the Arctic Circle)
    Kodiak
    Lynx
    Polaris (the North Star’s proper name)
    Ptarmigan (“TAHR-mi-guhn,” state bird of Alaska)
    Seal
    Timber

Good luck!