Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Tali's adorable. My sister's a Tallie. I obviously like that spelling best, but I think Tally and Talie are cute, too.
    Tali and Tallie/Tally are pronounced differently. Tallie and Tally rhyme with alley. Tali is a Hebrew name meaning dew ("tal" means dew in Hebrew) and is pronounced tah-lee. There is no emphasis on either syllable; it is often mispronounced as TAWL-ee, which it is not.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    Tali and Tallie/Tally are pronounced differently. Tallie and Tally rhyme with alley. Tali is a Hebrew name meaning dew ("tal" means dew in Hebrew) and is pronounced tah-lee. There is no emphasis on either syllable; it is often mispronounced as TAWL-ee, which it is not.
    The link I found listed Tali as an Arabic name meaning "the next" (as well as being a form of Tal). Still, the pronunciation is the same as the Hebrew Tali. I automatically assumed they were all the same, but they wouldn't have to be. And honestly, Tali could still be a nn for Natalie or Tallulah, and could still be pronounced the same as Tallie or Tally or Talie, if one wished.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    And honestly, Tali could still be a nn for Natalie or Tallulah, and could still be pronounced the same as Tallie or Tally or Talie, if one wished.
    My name is actually Natalie, and my nickname and Hebrew name Tali. Americans often mispronounce it, though never as Tally or Talie, just as tawl-ee with the emphasis on the first syllable, though Australians and Brits are fine with it.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I also like the name others have suggested. My favorites are Lorelei/Lorelai, Eleni, Noemi, Sarai, Heidi, and Jaci (spelled like that).A close friend goes by Lexi.
    Other suggestions:
    Keri (I know it's a bit dated but I love it)
    Mari
    Kati
    Cadi
    Christi
    Demi*
    Suri

Of course you could start you own tradition and decide to end all the girls name with others letters, but it's up to you.
    Good Luck!

From the names already mentioned I like Heidi, Nalani, and Naomi.
    Other suggestions:
    Amani/Imani
    Avani
    Valeri
    Kelli
    Flori
    Favorite names at the moment:
    Simone Sage
    Andre Larion

Other names I like: Veronica Vivian Lydia Octavia Bianca Flora Zulima Augustine Elsa Avalon Zamora Carmina