Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for inspiration to add to my girls' list

Not pregnant, and not trying yet, but we will be possibly this winter or beginning of next year. I want to make sure that whatever name we end up with is one which I have loved for a good, long time—because even in the last year or so that I've been really thinking about names, my choices have wavered quite a bit. I am terrified of name regret.

We're pretty sure about a particular boy choice that we're likely to use, as it's a family name with a lot of significance. I'd like to work on our girls' list a bit. Thankfully, husband and I have similar taste/naming style—we appreciate classics with history and meaning, we like uncommon/unusual names, and we loathe trendiness.

Current favorites: (of mine, husband isn't completely sold on all of these but the potential is there)

Leonie
    Ivy
    Leonora
    Coralie
    Lucia
    Aurora
    Beatrix
    Edith
    Adelina
    Elodie

Based on my style, can you give me your recommendations to add to it?
    It's a GIRL!! First babe, due 4/17.

Arietta June, Guinevere Pearl, Cordelia Wynn, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Faye
    Mattias Leo, Leander Paul, Cassian James, Macsen George

Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

My favorites are:
    Aurora - A long time favorite.
    Edith - A strong yet still feminine name.
    Elodie - I love how it sounds to the ear.

My suggestions:

Victoria
    Cleopatra
    Esperance
    Isis
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Ooo...very pretty choices! I adore Leonie and Ivy from your list. Leonie has wonderful vintage nickame-name vibes, and Ivy makes me think of an old white Victorian-style house with vines of ivy crawling up the sides. Other names you might like:

Fern
    Rosalie
    Rosaline
    Marcella
    Willow
    Augusta
    Maxine
    Ethel
    Emmaline
    Beth

current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert