Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of the name Aria?

I am expecting twins in November, and I'm having a little difficulty choosing names. Both babies are girls, and he wants one to be named Aria.

What do you think?

Congratulations!
    Aria is a lovely name, though very popular right now. It's been used in a variety of books, movies, and TV shows, and also (I believe) has been used by celebrities. What other names are you considering?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Twin girls, lovely! Many congratulations. I like Aria and the Game of Thrones spelling Arya, keep in mind how popular the TV series is. Depends of course on what you pair it with but I find it to be short and sweet.
    Beatrice, Endellion, Alice, Lucia, Clementine, Iris, Aurelia, Emily, Katherine, Hermione

Edward, Ignatius, Arthur, Benedict, Thomas, Whit, Theodore, Thijs, Archer, Henry

Aria is best left to the opera world in my opinion. I don't like the trendiness of the name either.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I'm not a fan.

First of all, it's one of those names that sounds light, airy, and ultra-feminine, but has little substance behind it.

Second, I fear that it's meteoric rise since 2000 just precedes an eventual fall that will mark it as a early 21st century flash in the pan.

Third, I think there will be pronunciation problems, especially with the spelling Arya out there now. Ah-REE-uh? Uh-RYE-uh? Air-EE-uh?

All that said, I don't think it's a horrible name....just not my cup of tea. If you like it as much as your dh, go for it.
    Obsessing over names since 1964