Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm bad at boy names! Opinions or suggestions?

I am horrible at boy names and my husband wants me to make a list for him to tear apart as we are going to start trying for #2. My boy style is so different from my girl style. In a boy name I like- Simple, ages well, maybe a bit old fashioned in a clean cut 50s way. I dislike- Fancy, Old fashioned in a long Biblical or mythological way, modern & surname style, tough sounding, cutesy sounding, confusing looking. My ideal name is John. My back up was Francis. He hates both. I liked the idea of either of those names with Beauregard in the middle. I love it with a clear classic like either of those, but wouldn't use it in the fn spot or with anything less classic. Here are some other ones like/possible options

Peter
    Thomas

both of those are unusable cause of personal associations, but I like the sound of them.

Sidney
    Cliff
    Vitto
    Wallace
    Alexander
    Ivan
    Robert

My husband basically laughed at all of the above! Wallace was the only one he wasn't horrified by. The trouble is all of these are merely OK to me. Cliff & Vitto are my 2 favorites.

'Classic in a 50s way'--Gary?

Michael?
    I'm a teenberry, a Christian, and a bookworm.
    Finn*John "Johnkin"*Dean*Colin*Cove*Avery*Absalom*Sam*Ki rby
    Elsa "Elsie* Mireille*Wilhelmina*Xandra*Virginia*Charlie*Agnes* Saoirse*Alice*Euphrosyne.[/CENTER]

What about these?

Instead of John, what about Jack? I think it has more flare. Alexander is a gorgeous boy's name.

Gabriel is biblical, but it's a good name.

Other suggestions:

Geoffrey
    James
    Finnick
    Timothy

I hope I was helpful. (:
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

I love the name Timothy! I guess I should've mentioned that my husband seems to hate the idea of using a name that also belongs to ANYONE that we know or that he has ever known! I am currently trying to convince him how extreme this is and how difficult it's making things, but I know Timothy is out of the question because it's a friend of ours. That also puts Michael off the list as well. Most classics actually. He's pretty set on an unusual name. He like Ulysses & Cassius most of all.

John and Francis on one side, Ulysses and Cassius on the other...hmm...

Alfred
    Benjamin
    Charles
    Chester
    Christian
    Clive
    David
    Dean
    Edmund
    Garth
    Gerard
    Gilbert
    Glen
    Gregory
    Hugh/Hugo
    Isaiah
    Jasper
    Jonas
    Jonathan (you could nickname Jonas or Jonathan Jon)
    Julian
    Kent
    Kirk
    Matthias
    Maxwell
    Malcolm
    Miles/Milo
    Percival
    Philip
    Simon
    Stephen/Stefan (I don't know any babies named Stephen--the youngest is maybe 10)
    Theodore
    Tobias
    Walter
    Wesley
    William

Any of these hit near the mark? Best wishes!

By the way, this is my 900th post (pats self on back)
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet