Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which Do You Pick For A First Name For Our 1st Baby (a boy)

Hi-my husband and I are having our first baby, he is due Aug 27-Sept 1-so very soon! We have a short list of names we narrowed it down to (after a lot of searching and crossing off names and comparing each others likes and dislikes). My husband has a big family and we are trying to avoid doubling up on names. We like the idea of naming our baby with a short and simple name, and nicknames taken from longer names that are becoming their own name is fine with us. I think we plan on using Henry as the middle name (my husband's dad's middle name). Our last name is Schindler. Here are our ideas and reasons for them.

Will Henry- (we picked Will because we had trouble conceiving and our priest annointed/blessed us after we prayed for God's "will" for us, if God wanted us to have a baby or not have one, we would be happy either way, then we got pregnant a few months after that. I don't want to use William because that is my ex husbands name, he always went by the name Bill...so I never think of Will in relation to him and love the name Will-I think it's a short and sweet name).

Isaac Henry- (we picked Isaac because we liked the story of Abraham and Sarah in the bible not being able to conceive, then having their child Isaac at an old age-I will be having my first child at the age of 40..not that 40 is old, but maybe a little older than most when having their first. In one of our ultrasound photos the baby looks like he's smiling and Isaac means laughter. The only thing I hesitate on with this one is will our baby have to correct people most of his life on the spelling. I know there are a lot of variations on this name).

Drew Henry-(I love the name Andrew, but we have a cousin named Andrew-my husband isn't sold on this name because he doesn't want him nicknamed Andy- so we thought Drew would be a good fit and hubby likes the name Drew).

Any thoughts on any of these?

Thanks!

Isaac Henry sounds the best, in my opinion. I sincerely doubt you will have spelling issues with Isaac, as it is a very familiar Biblical names. I like the name Will, but Will Henry doesn't sound the best, and I'm not the biggest fan of Drew. Isaac Henry is a solid, strong combo, and congrats on your son!
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

Drew Henry is the strongest. Will would be my second choice, but I'd nix it if I had an ex- w/such a close name. If you're ok w/the Sarah comparison, Isaac is also a solid choice that most reasonably educated people can spell.

2nd Isaac. It has a great meaning behind it. And I think that most people will assume that Will is short for William.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

I like them in this order:

Drew Henry
    Will Henry
    Isaac Henry
    "C." Mid 20's. Sonographer and hobbyist writer/drawer.

Leonie Viveca | Thora Eulalie | Saskia Delphine
    Harlan Rafferty | Nico Barnaby | Reed Prospero
    Girl List | Boy List