Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names picked up at work & school

Since I deal with a lot of children (and teens in school), some of their names strike me as rather odd! Not to mention I go in IB and I work as a cashier.
    At work these are some of the names I've encountered
    Mads
    Mikkel
    Morten
    Johan
    Elisabeth
    Frederik
    Kristian/Christian
    Silke

And at school
    Cordelia
    Nina
    Thomas
    Nanna
    Nelli
    Andreas
    Anders
    Nadja
    Abdallah
    Davidiev (how do you pronounce this? I go in his class, and he just keep saying 'I'm Artho' [Artjo])
    Niahm (Neev)
    Megan (Mey-gan)
    Michelle
    Rikke
    Ajla
    Arun

Have you picked up any names you got stuck in your mind? And what do you think of these?
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

With the exception of Thomas and Elisabeth, the rest of those names are not my style.

We have "normal names" in my neck of the woods (well, most of us!). One of my friends in school is named Alysha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that spelling of Alicia!!!
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Most of the names from my school (Not Thomas, Anders, Andreas & Rikke) are actually pretty uncommon names! Did you watch the movie with "The Fox and The Hound", when you were younger? In Denmark it's called Mads & Mikkel, which are the two names, on a couple of twins, we regular see at the store.
    That is a lovable spelling! Wow, I really love that name.
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

I like Elisabeth, Christian, Thomas and Anders. I also like Frederik, but I prefer the spelling Frederick. Johan and Cordelia aren't really my style, but I think they're interesting names. The rest don't do much for me. Very cool list! There's such a wide range of names listed.
    Mommy to Reid Christopher. <3

My favorite names:
    Quinn ~ Lyle ~ Dawson ~ Beau ~ Clark

Juliet ~ Lydia ~ Georgia ~ Violet ~ Emilia

Quote Originally Posted by montrose628 View Post
    I like Elisabeth, Christian, Thomas and Anders. I also like Frederik, but I prefer the spelling Frederick. Johan and Cordelia aren't really my style, but I think they're interesting names. The rest don't do much for me. Very cool list! There's such a wide range of names listed.

I love the name Cordelia, though I prefer Cornelia. For me, those name you have listed are common, as I grew up as an Elizabeth, in an ocean of Christians & Frederiks. ^^
    Proud creator of