Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: wdyt of Philo?

I, too, thought of Phyllo dough.
    And also, with the route philo/phil, there are many wonderful connections (a philomath, for example, is a lover of learning), but also bad ones, like pedophilia, hemophilia, necrophilia, zoophilia (bestiality), etc.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I'd never heard of it before (or of any of the associations) but I think it sounds really dashing, actually! I would pair it with a more common but longer middle name - Philo Alexander sounds nice, as does Philo Nathaniel. Good luck - Philo sounds great!

I was thinking of this name recently in connection with the Clint Eastwood character from 'Every which way but loose' - Philo Beddo prn fy-low rather than fee-low. It's not a name I've ever come across and is a bit strange. I do think of Filo pastry as well. Not keen, sorry.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I love Philo! A nice alternative to Milo and Shilo, in my opinion. It's on my boy's list

I like Philo!
    Harlan Rafferty ✦ Lorcan Barnaby ✦ Soren Felix
    ✗ Lists still under construction ✗

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde