Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grayson

13 38.24%
  • Greyson

21 61.76%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grayson or Greyson?

I have been really loving the name Greyson lately and I think I prefer the E spelling but I was just wondering which is more popular on here.
    Also what two middle names would you pair with Greyson?

Thanks in advance.

Either spelling in fine, but I cast my vote for the "a" I guess because I've seen it that way before.
    Grayson James
    Greyson Porter
    Greyson Hollis
    Grayson Keith
    Grayson Vance

I prefer the Grayson spelling. I've never really warmed to the "e" spelling for some reason. Thinking about it, it could have something to do with Tarzan (Greystoke) or the bus company of Greyhound. However, the name has nothing to do with colour. It means "son of the steward" from the English word "greyve".

From what I've read on spelling, Gray is mainly an American spelling and Grey is used in other English speaking countries. Which means that I should like Greyson more - only I don't! For me, grey is the colour and Gray is a surname so the surname should be Grayson. Go figure.
    Last edited by mischa; August 18th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I prefer the Greyson spelling. The "e" just feels softer and looks a lot nicer than Grayson to me, the a just makes it look harsher.

Greyson Arthur Cole
    Greyson Edmund Fox
    Greyson Archer Fox
    Greyson Rhys Cole
    Greyson Henry James
    Greyson William Henry

Hope I helped some
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Where do you live? In America, the "gray" spelling is more common, whereas the spelling I'm more familiar with, is the British spelling "grey."
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid