Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    No, I understand that. It was never my intention. I never knew the girl very well, but she was (and I assume still is) very nice and I'd hate for her to think anyone was attacking her or her child. I should probably have included other names I've heard lately that I had a "wtf?" reaction to, so it would have seemed less directed at just one person.

My reaction is solely to the name itself, separate from the mother or the child.

Edited my first post, it now reads:

These are a few girl names I've heard recently (most on new babies) that have given me pause:

Paizli (variant spelling of Paisley)
    Keldrie
    Harlee
    Macsin (this reminds me of the clothing brand PacSun, but I'm assuming it's a smoosh of Mackenzie and Madison?)
    I think it's good you edited, and just to clarify the only part that I found unfair was judging the girl who had no choice in her name. We all make statements like you do from time to time but I guess it's different in writing in public:-)

Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    You missed the point, which is "Don't make fun of people. And if you do make fun of people, don't make fun of their children. And if you do make fun of their children, don't do it on the Internet."
    This, seriously. Yeah, people make fun of others on the Internet. No, it's not a good thing. A name chosen with love and hope and care shouldn't be a punch line for people who think that only 'classic' names are worth considering. By the by, Keldrie sounds like Keladry, which is the main character of one of my favourite books. I would be so excited to meet a little Keldrie!
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

Yep, these are terrible choices -- and I hope if these mothers do Google them, they come across this thread. Hopefully in time to change their poor kid's name.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I love the sound of Keldrie.

I think they suck too...so whatever.