Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Oh my word - I actually LOVE Mayuri! its got a lot of great nickname potentials that would certainly work in the US:
    May / Mai
    Mayu
    Mari

Actually, I'm adding that to the list! That is a pretty lush name you got there! And let's be honest, there's a lot of name diversity in the US, so Mayuri isn't going to be the "weirdest" fish in the pond!

I also love Mayuri and Mayani, and I don't think they'd present problems. I'm temped to suggest Mayuri Lorien, but Skye is nice too. Eleanor seems a bit heavy with Mayuri. Diana is sweet, but Mayuri is really beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerian View Post
    Oh my word - I actually LOVE Mayuri! its got a lot of great nickname potentials that would certainly work in the US:
    May / Mai
    Mayu
    Mari

Actually, I'm adding that to the list! That is a pretty lush name you got there! And let's be honest, there's a lot of name diversity in the US, so Mayuri isn't going to be the "weirdest" fish in the pond!
    Well, I'm flattered! There is also Sayuri but I haven't figured out its meaning. The only concern I have for it is when people get lazy and pronounce it as if they are drunken southerners saying Mary. It takes conscious effort to annunciate the middle part correctly, and my husband is Indian and the way he says it is also lovely. The nickname options are also good. I am picking a well-known Western middle name in case baby grows up and needs a change for personal/professional reasons.

Thanks Vasilia and Brigid for the helpful suggestions! But my middle name combos are fairly static for practical reasons.

Sayuri means little lily, but that's Japanese =)