Results 1 to 5 of 16
Thread: Carefree 2 Usable Hippie Names
August 18th, 2013 05:16 AM #1
Carefree 2 Usable Hippie Names
I know we've had threads before covering hippie names, but those were more like games. I really am discovering how much I like names that could be considered carefree or "Hippie" that either have nature connotations or musical ones, or just have really bouncy, playful sounds to them. Problem is I don't know that many.
Super hippie names I like:
- Chrysanthemum - I've always loved this name, since I was a young girl. They're beautiful flowers with a sunny aura.
- Zen - Love this for a boy. It would really make sense with the guy I'm with.
- Rain - Love this for a boy; rain always relaxed me and fascinated me.
- Poppy/Posy - Very cute and playful.
- Indigo - Like the sounds of this name, especially the nn Indie or Indio. I kinda like this more for a boy. Plus it makes sense with the guy I'm with.
- Gypsy - I like its adventurous, boundless, fearless meaning. Its very Bluesy to me, and I love that. But I don't think I have the right to use it, since it would be seen as a slur to some and can be considered cultural appropriation.
- Andromeda - Chic & adventurous. I like the nickname Andie, but I don't think it gives the full name justice.
Names that could be considered hippie (I guess?), but are more usable:
- Zoe - I've always loved this name, and it really means a lot to me. Is it silly it was my most beloved dog's name?
- Sunniva - Love this name, especially the Sunny feeling as well as its exotic feel. I also like the Scandinavian connection (I'm Swedish and love Norse mythology).
- Ramona - Its edgy and hip, but its not my most favorite.
- Nanami - Love this; its different, chic, with great sounds. I could actually use this, as the guy I'm with is half Asian, his step-mom & half-brothers are Japanese.
- Felix - I used to really like this name. I still think its cool, and I like the meaning a lot. I don't like the nn possibilities, though.
- Sansa - Very beautiful and exotic.
- Laszlo - Playful and unique.
- Wynona - Its bouncy but not as awesome as Nanami.
- Aurora / Ora - It's a beautiful name, but its not as unique as the others. I like Ora better.
- Margo - Its edgy and hip like Ramona, but I like the sound better, as well as the meaning.
- Mylo - Very sweet, caring, and adventurous. It has the same feel to me as Rain or Zen.
And names that I'm not sure whether they'd be considered hippie/out there, or whatever:
- Philomena - One of the most beautiful names I've ever seen. Its magical and legendary, but also earthy, to me.
- Sebastian - Adventurous and strong, but also kind and thoughtful.
- Titus - Same as Sebastian, but I like the way it sounds more. I like the nickname Ty.
I have no idea. My favorites in particular are in bold.
What are some names you think are considered
- Carefree & Definitely Hippie
- Can be Hippie, but are usable
Last edited by liviajoan; August 18th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.I'm so indecisive; one day I love a name, the next I'm not so sure anymore.
Philomena - Tempest - Autumn - Odessa - Zelda - Octavia - Margo - Cyra - Agnes - Ramona - Thora -
Sunniva - Juno - Chrysanthemum - Calliope - Nova - Libra - Andromeda - Ruby - Molly - Joy - Emma
Darwin - Titus - Finnegan - Bruce - Seamus - Oscar - Simon - Linus - Otis - Laszlo - Thomas - Elliot - Seth - Abel - Bartholomew
Mylo - Banjo - Indio - Rain - Zen - Iowa
vote on my name list