Silas
    Banyan
    Cypress
    Azure
    Bodhi
    Orchid
    Delta
    That's all I can think of right now!

Other hippie vibing names on my list of possible girl names include Dawn, Blythe (as mentioned above), Farrah (meaning happiness) and some other way out flower names Astera, Marigold, Jessamine, Jonquil, Freesia, Dahlia, Zinnia, Lavender. I wish Honeysuckle was useable, but that's really dangerous territory! Chalk Dandelion up on the guilty pleasure list as well. I've seen word names Evening and Afternoon used as middles on here an I love their hippie feel. While I do think they are useable (and quite endearing!) Im not brave enough to use them for my own child.

I went to school with kids named Meadow and Rain (not siblings - just classmates). Both useable, hippy names. I would add Willow, Ocean, and Sunny to those.

Susan

Some carefree slightly hippyish names to me:

Fern
    Tilly
    Ever
    Olive
    Veda
    Juniper

Reed
    Sam
    Marlon
    Hayden
    Talon
    River
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

GIRLS
    Eulalie/Eulalia - A cute name, but it reminds me of a friend I had a huge falling out with.
    Bluebell - I like Blue.
    Zenith - I think Zen is odd enough on its own lol
    Rui - I love the pronounciation, but the spelling would confuse people. I love the nickname Roo.
    Xanthe - I couldn't name my child this.
    Suzume - Super cute, playful, and Su or Suzie are definitely wearable. I love this.
    Petal - Very frilly, to me.
    Endellion - I've always loved this. I thought it would be the perfect sibling with Philomena.
    Zinnia - I loved this for a long time. I love Z names.
    Mauve - Its just not very fun.
    Evelune - I've never been a fan of Eve names.
    Nayeli - Cute but I don't know.
    Juniper - I think I prefer Juno way more. I've actually fallen back in love with Juno.
    Paz - Makes me think of Pez; I prefer Pax better.
    Reverie - Very interesting, neat, rebel-y. But its not my favorite.
    Saskia - I love the sound of the name, and its origin, but "knife" is pretty violent lol
    Alma - Just reminds me of an old woman.
    Oceane - I would prefer it if it were pronounced oh-shee-an-ah

BOYS
    Nadir - Nada.
    Rainier - I never figured out if it was pronounced as rain-ee-er or rain-er. Rainer is cool.
    Hollis - A creep with this last name stalked me.
    Iker - Ike is not to my like-ing.
    Valor - This is more macho meathead to me. No offense!
    Noble - No
    Prosper - I'm just not a fan of most virtue names.
    Topaz - The only stone name I would accept on a boy is Jasper.
    Flint - Reminds me of a middle aged man.
    Oleander - I like Olly. But I'm Olivia and I go by Ollie lol I don't like -ander names.
    Ruby - I think this is cuter on a girl.
    Garnet - See Topaz
    Jericho - A badass name, but the nickname Jeri wouldn't be very cute. And my Aunt Jeri wouldn't like it too much.
    Akira - I think this sounds cooler on a girl, even though traditionally its for a boy.
    Marlon - the fish
    Isshin - Isshin for Marlon

Girls names I like in the carfee, hippe style.

Blythe. I agree, Blythe and Zen do make sense!
    Wren. Wren is a cute alternative to Raven. I love it.
    Eden. I can only think of Toddlers & Tiaras.
    Willow - I used to love this, when I was much younger. I like names that end with -oh!

Boys names I like in the carefree, hpie style

River - I've liked this name, but I love Rain more.
    Pax - Zen and Pax would make good sibling names. I think they could both work as unisex.
    Asher - I like Ash, for a girl.
    Jay - There was this weird girl who told everyone to call her Jay Jay and ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by db917 View Post
    All your names are neat, but I can't use any of them! Especially Orchid; my friend's miscarriage was named that.

Quote Originally Posted by vanessaelless View Post
    Other hippie vibing names on my list of possible girl names include Dawn, Blythe (as mentioned above), Farrah (meaning happiness) and some other way out flower names Astera, Marigold, Jessamine, Jonquil, Freesia, Dahlia, Zinnia, Lavender. I wish Honeysuckle was useable, but that's really dangerous territory! Chalk Dandelion up on the guilty pleasure list as well. I've seen word names Evening and Afternoon used as middles on here an I love their hippie feel. While I do think they are useable (and quite endearing!) Im not brave enough to use them for my own child.
    Dawn is too close to my dad's name, Donn. Farrah makes me think of the girl from Teen Mom, and she literally lives like 2 hours away from me lol. Astera would be cool in theory, same as Aspen would be, but there's the Ass issue. I love Jessamine; its super cute. I would prefer Joaquin over Jonquil. Freesia makes me think of Freeza from Dragonball Z. Dahlia is a little over dramatic, I'm sorry. Lavender has never clicked with me. Evening and Afternoon aren't something I'd ever do lol I don't like Eve names and Afternoon Delight plays in my head lol.

Fern- Fern Gully!
    Tilly- Very cute, but I think Tessa is easier to grow into.
    Ever- This is becoming a trendy name, like Eden and Avery.
    Olive- I am Olive lol
    Veda- I like the nickname Vee.
    Juniper- Again, I think I prefer Juno more.

Reed- I always thought Reid would be cute with Rowan or Rain.
    Sam- I love Sam and Max.
    Marlon -the fish is back
    Hayden- Its become very trendy.
    Talon- The Warrior Cats by Erin Hunter.
    River- I still like Rain more.

Thank you all for responding! I like hearing your own personal opinions as well as your own likes! Hopefully others who are looking for similar name styles will get good ideas from this post too!
    Last edited by liviajoan; August 19th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen