Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with meaningful middles

I've just found out I'm 8wks pregnant (yay).so of course it's far to early to know the sex but I would love to get some help with boys middles.
    My daughter is Ayla Alba-Rose. My husband was born in scotland so her middle honors this. (Alba being one of the older names for Scotland)
    I was born in New Zealand. (We live in Australia) so was hoping we could maybe use our 2nd child's middle name to honnor my origens.
    If this babies a girl I'm leaning towards Anika, Pania, Aotea or Aurora as middle names.
    Anika and Pania link to my grandparents farm panikau (which means house/place of nikau palms) aurora is sort of influenced by Aotearoa (kinda pronouced like ow-tee-a-row-a) the Maori name for New Zealand. Aotearoa roughly translates as 'land of the long white cloud'. Another place of significance is my childhood home Bushmere.
    Any suggestions for boys names influences by these would be amazing!
    Thank you

What first names are you considering for boys? That would help us come up with middle name ideas. Having never been to New Zealand, I'm afraid I can't help you come up with ideas honoring your origins, but I'm sure many others on here can!

our top contenders (those we can agree on) so far are
    Boden
    Jove / Jude
    Archer
    Saxon
    August

Some ideas are:
    Crux
    Seal
    Zealand
    Inferno
    Silva/ Silver

I never thought of silver! That's an idea. Sterling would also relate to that. So would words meaning black (as in all blacks). Thanks hanbow that's opened up a few potential avenues!