Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    In Britain I've only heard it as mee-gun.
    I've never heard it that way here in my life.

I say Megan like megg-in, as does every one else I know. I do have a friend that speaks Welsh as a first language though, and I imagine that she would say it with the emphasis on the first syllable when speaking in English and on the second when speaking in Welsh, as she does this with other names.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by hanniekitt View Post
    I do have a friend that speaks Welsh as a first language though, and I imagine that she would say it with the emphasis on the first syllable when speaking in English and on the second when speaking in Welsh, as she does this with other names.
    That's a better way of putting it 'meh-GAN' and 'MEHG-an'.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I usually say MEG-gen, but I like the sound of MAY-gen. However, I like Meg better with the short e.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I always pronounce every spelling as meg-un, though my relatives in the Pacific Northwest say it a little more like may-gun (then again they say bag like bayg, soooo... Hehe). I know someone from work who is named maygan, in order to get the may pronunciation, but pretty much everyone slips and calls her meg-un (pet peeve of hers!)

Hello
    My name is actually Megan and we pronounce it 'May-gen', and I live in the Netherlands. Although my English teacher (who is originally from the USA) and my French teacher constantly call me 'Meh-gen'. That's it I guess,
    Bye