Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I always saw daughter, but after working somewhat extensively with both genders at my job, I think I'd be okay either way. Try spending time around little girls you know.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I have a hard time picturing myself with a son. I was raised by a single mother and while I had male uncles who were like fathers to me, none of the relationships could compare to the one I had with my mother. That said, I do get along wonderfully with my boyfriend's son.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Gender really doesn't matter past cute clothes with babies. So don't stress now about changing things. Just wait and see what happens. I really hoped for a girl first but once we had our son there were no regrets about him being a boy. Now he's three and obcessed with trains and firefighters. I don't have long discussions about Thomas the Tank engine with him but we still have plenty to talk about since we spend all day together and honestly food is one of his favorite topics. When your child comes along you'll learn about dealing with them slowly as they grow into a little person not just a newborn.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

I have the same problem. I've only ever seen myself with sons, so it's a lot easier to fall in love with boys names. For example, I love the name Arthur, and I can picture it on a son of mine {at least one that looks like me}. But with girls names, I have absolutely no idea.. I just don't get attached to girls names because I can't see myself using them.

I guess if I ever get pregnant with a girl, I'll get over it? Haha, I have no idea.

But people saying they "don't know how to raise a boy"... I find that a little odd. My brother loved playing dress up with me when we were younger, and I'm pretty sure he wore my fairy costume more than I did. Your sons might hate all the "macho" stuff!
    Last edited by sapphires; August 23rd, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

I'm exactly the same way (disclaimer, I am in highschool still). I'm kind of an anti social person and in general I don't really like girls. Most of them are mean, mean to each other, mean to themselves, just mean. My relationship with my mother and people who have hurt me (all have been girls) probably has to do with this, but I just don't want to think about ever raising a girl who will be mean or hurt somebodys feelings on purpose or do the kinds of things that have been done to me to other people. I just couldn't take it. I also don't know how good of a mother I would be, and maybe it's just my age, but that really scares me. I can see myself with boys, laughing with boys, playing with boys, raising good boys but whenever I think of girls I can't imagine it being as good as boys.

Also I'm an only child so I've never had the experience of any siblings, I'm the youngest in my family and I have very rare family contact. Half of my family (grandparents + one uncle with no wife or kids) live in Kentucky and the other half (grandparents + young aunt and uncle yet to marry) in Newcastle, England so maybe that's a part of it. Who knows.

I hope this changes over the years since I would like to experience having a daughter, I just don't know.
    Last edited by alliecat; August 23rd, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver