Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Sorry for any repeats-didn't read the other replies yet!

Lily-beautiful, but just too common these days...
    Daphne, Lilac, Laurel, Ivy, Magnolia, Violet, Hazel

Grace-again so pretty, but just doesn't wow me anymore.
    Audrey (has the same "feel to me for some reason) Graziella, Alice

Mary-Love! Keep it on the list I say

Alice-love

Clara-nice

Vivian-cute-another one of my favs

Hazel-adore this-your list rocks!

Eliza-seriously fabulous...

Jane-eh, nice enough...

Vera-so sweet!

Gwendolyn-I prefer just Gwen

Helena-eh, nrms. Milena maybe?

Greta-I just love the sound of this name...Greta. Fabulous.

Matilda-Tilly as a nn...can't help but love it! Maybe Margaret?

Beatrice nrms, but love Bea and Beatrix
    Beatrix maybe? Bay?

Ellen-MUCH prefer Eleanor

Frances-nice enough for a middle

Susan-prefer Susannah or Lily
    Well, I think you have a spectacular list!
    Good luck!

@carebear- I like Nora, but I have an unfortunate association with the name. My parents, in particular, would be quite upset if I ever used it.

@mischa- Thanks for taking the time for such a thorough response. I really like Xanthe, Esperanza, Kerensa, Leonie & Shoshana from your list. Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t like any of those. He does, however, like Saskia. But I don’t. At least it’s out of his usual comfort zone, so that’s something.

@collmcc523- I like Zelda from your list. It passed scrutiny for a while on my list, but my husband eventually decided that the video game association was too much. We also had Rosalind on our list for a while, but we only like it with the rose-a-lind pronunciation. We thought it would be better not to use it, since it isn’t traditionally pronounced that way.

@mcdonak1- It’s my husband’s family that is the problem. His father intentionally mispronounces names that he doesn’t like (which is any name the least bit unfamiliar), and I thought his mother was going to have a heart attack when I told her we were considering Hugo. I would just leave them out of it entirely, but my husband is close to his family and wants their approval.

@bibliophile- thank you for taking the time for such a detailed response. You really ran with the literary/historical aspect of my request, but I feel like your suggestions have about as much spark as my current list.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I wish I could think of a proper way to describe what I’m looking for, because I feel like I’m falling short. I guess I want fewer English/Latinate names.