Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marina Charlotte

Any thoughts on the name Marina Charlotte?
    Mama to Helena Claire x

Marina Charlotte is gorgeous and aristocrative (it's the name of the present queen's cousin, Lady Marina Charlotte Windsor). Helena and Marina would be lovely together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks, Mischa! Marina has always been one of my favourites. My only concern is that, while we pronounce Helena's name "HELL-ehn-a", some people assume that it's pronounced "Hel-EEN-a", and I fear that this mistake may cause many to think the two names rhyme.
    Mama to Helena Claire x

I might be inclined to think they rhymed at first glance, but then I would probably make the assumption that you DIDN'T want them to rhyme and I'd say HELL-en-uh. Well, if I could think that fast before I started saying your daughters' names. :P Example: if I was reading from a list or something aloud, I might rhyme them without thinking.

I think Marina Charlotte is GORGEOUS. Marina has always been a favorite of mine. I have some very fancy schmancy wealthy friends who live in Hawaii but the dad is European. He is German and so they chose Marina for one girl and you-wouldn't-think-it-possible-but-super-complementary Hawaiian names for the other girls. Marina works so well in so many languages, it'd be very difficult to mess up and to me is just very refined. However, the girl I know named Marina doesn't actually like it herself. Her family has a strange accent and they sort of say "Muh-RAY-nuh" but when I said it that way they corrected me and wanted me to say Muh-REEN-uh. Haha! So who knows.

I LOVE the nicknames Mari, Mina, Rini (my sister's nn is Rini and it seems weird at first but it is sweet), Char ("Shar") or Charlie.

Futurekids will have 2-syllable French surname.

Name Lust:

Oriana • Zara • Shoshanna • Damaris
    Greta • Elowen • Marina • Geneva
    Delphine • Hero • Gemma • Zora
    Zuzana "Zuzu" • Ventura • Marie-Noëlle
    Linden • Anouk • Georgiana • Juniper

Branson • Hugo • Kit • Chance • Alban
    Kingsley • Fox • Theodore • Judah

Absolutely lovely. I agree with mischa -- quite aristocratic as well!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...