Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to get to nm Zell?

I recently heard the nm Zell and fell in love with the sound. My maiden name begins with a Z and I have always wanted to incorporate Zs into my future child's name. We never found a girl Z full name that we loved, but I'd be happy with a Z nm. My husband and I like classic, familiar, and simple names (hopefully also Hebrew because we are Jewish)....but maybe there is a way to get to Zell that we are missing??
    The short list
    (my list criteria: classic, simple, elegant, must have family and/or cultural significance)

Boys list: Simon, Max, Benjamin, Joseph, Jonah*
    Girls list: Jane, Miriam, Ruth, Ann*

There's Zelda.
    Mama to my lovely girl, Isobel Yvonne "Belle". Feb 2014

Rowan James or Wren Oliver OR Rosalie Fiona/Beatrix/Beatrice? DUE April 2016

Other favorite combos: Esme Coralie, Evelina Verity, Adelaide Violet|Wren Thomas, Malachi Oliver, Levi Rhys

Ladies: Eleanora, Lydia, Maeve, Stella, Luna, Ariadne, Althea, Fable, Ruby, Georgiana, Agatha, Adelaide, Clara, Evelina, Verity
    Gentlemen: Gideon, Judah, Tobias, Lysander, Ezra, Asher, Wren, Jasper, Henry, Oliver, Levi

First I thought of was Azalea. Not Jewish, but a floral name and that seems popular now. Zell seems like it could be a nn. Also thought of Aliza, or spelled Aleeza, which is Hebrew for joyful. I think you could still use the nn Zell for this as well, even though the L and Z are switched.

Also, there is Zelia, Hebrew for zealous.
    Last edited by stephykneejo; August 17th, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Zelia!
    Maeby AlanaSaela Eliza

Marlow - Romy - Busy - Xanthe - Vaeda
    Crosby - Zefram - Jedi - Gannon - Ledger

I don't see why you can't use names like Hazel, Zelda, Eliza, Raizel, Zelpha/Zilpha/Zilpah or Moselle to get Zell as a nickname. Griselda would be another option but it's not very attractive.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I've heard Maizel a few times.