Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Silas??

I'm not such a big fan of Silas (one of my cousins used it for her son), I can't help but think of Silence of the Lambs whenever I hear it
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath

Silas is an awesome name. It's one of those few names that sounds good in almost any sibset. It's uncommon but classic, and has a cool, smooth sound to it.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

LOVE Silas : ) I think Edgar Silas would work great too, unless you want to stick with using a Gaelic name somewhere in the mix : )
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

I like it and think it sounds good with your other children's names. Silas seems to be getting quite a bit more popular. I'm not sure if this is something that would concern you or not but I figured I'd point it out in case popularity is a consideration for you.

I don't want a name that's super popular. But I don't mind moderate popularity. I've never met or heard of a Silas in real life so not overly worried about popularity here.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014