Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Silas??

Silas??

I'm back w/ another name idea. Edgar is still on the list but another name that my husband is liking a lot is Silas (nn Si). I actually love it too. I got so much great and honest feedback w/ Edgar that I thought I'd ask what people think of Silas and how does it sound w/ sisters Mhairi and Fiona? Is it too different? Could it work? All opinions appreciated! Not due until March so have a long time to toy w/ all these name ideas. I'm too chicken to run them by my family yet haha
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I really like the name Silas. It's one of those "old man" names that really works, like Ezra, for example. So glad to see some Silas love on the forums!
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I like Silas for a lot of the same reasons I picked Sylvia. It's a great name. A friend of mine just recently had a baby Silas and I was thrilled to hear the name used I think it works great with your girls' names - better than Edgar.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

I really like Silas, I think is handsome and I have never met anyone with this name which makes me like it more. I think Edgar works better with Mhairi and Fiona.

Love Silas! Love the nn Si, and love it with your sibset!