Results 1 to 5 of 10
August 17th, 2013 10:25 AM #1
Looking for elegant, classic, traditional names
(Not pregnant, just thinking ahead.) I'm still on a mission to find a first name I love with the middle name Theophania, but I'm beginning to think it's impossible! There are names I like, but none (except my beloved Zoe, which hubby is still vetoing) are feeling like "the one".
These are the names currently on the list, in rough order of preference:
Zoe (if I can get DH on board...)
Penelope (Combo may be too Greek? Same with Zoe, honestly, but I can't help it if I love Greek names!)
Names I like, but wouldn't work:
Eleanor - Oh, I love this with Theophania, but we have a niece named Elena.
Lillian, Marian, Vivian - Too similar visually with William. (And Marianne and Vivienne are too frilly paired with Theophania.)
Daphne, Sophie - Too much "ph"
Gwendolyn - Similar ending sound to Catherine.
Madeleine - Ditto.
Charlotte - Kinda rhymes with my name (Margaret) and I don't really want to use two "C" names.
Emmanuelle, Evangeline - I think they're a bit over-the-top religious paired with Theophania, unfortunately.
Eden - Not really classic or traditional, but it does sound great with Theophania...
Any thoughts on these names or other suggestions, based on these preferences?
- Must be a classic, traditional name with history. Greek, Hebrew, and Latinate (Latin, Spanish, French, Italian) names are my favorites, and French names in particular seem to go really well with Theophania.
- Two or more syllables. Surname is only one syllable, and I don't really love any other one syllable names other than Eve.
- Doesn't end with -ia. I'd prefer nothing that ended with -a either, but I'm a little more flexible on that if it sounds alright.
- Sounds good in a sibset consisting of William and Catherine (and maybe Alexander), and preferably not repeating an initial. (No "T" names either.)
- No "ph" or "th".
- Popularity doesn't matter to us.
Last edited by mega_muffin; August 17th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
Future Sons: Alexander ?, Dominic "Nico" Valentine
Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity
August 17th, 2013 11:23 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
August 17th, 2013 11:25 AM #5
August 17th, 2013 01:48 PM #7
Last edited by chrisco; August 17th, 2013 at 01:50 PM.Jude Casimir-Raphael Benedict-Eli Peregrine-Christian Ignatius
Genevieve Ophelia-Catharina Elisabet-Hermione Josephine-Marguerite Leonor
August 17th, 2013 02:13 PM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013