Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Isis Ophelia and Atticus Ivan!
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

Mila has exotic European flair and Arden is a unisex gem so it would be nice for her sister or brother to have a great blend too. I would eliminate Ophelia and Thea from consideration as they're both too similar in sound to Mila.

GIRLS

Sylvie - a little more exotic than Sylvia
    Calla - one of the more exotic flower choices but a little matchy with Mila (two-syllable names with pronounced l's and ending in "a")
    Clara - has vintage charm but not very exotic. Again it has the similarity (Mila, Calla and Clara would begin a pattern)
    Octavia - unusual Roman gem
    Isis - if you want something totally different
    Vesper - reminds me of snake (Viper)
    Elodie - this is pretty
    Lyra - this name is trendy but I think it's still rare enough to use. It does have a similarity to Mila though (see Calla)

The only mn I like on your list is Elowen.

BOYS:

I would elimate Nelson and Claudius (too clunky), Atticus (trendy), Loki (a trickster god and it's too cutesy to take seriously) and Atlas (just odd) as first names.

Octavius/Octavian - I'm not sure which version I prefer. They're both pretty awesome. Combo Suggestions: Octavius Ambrose and Octavian Pascoe.
    Aurelius - I really love this name! Aurelius Ivan would be awesome!
    Rouvin - I think this looks and sounds wonderful with Mila. It's unexpected but they work together. Rouvin Casimir would be wonderful!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks mischa, great advice. I think I am happy knocking Thea, Loki and Nelson off the list.

If Claudius is clunky, isn't Octavius/Octavian even more so? Hmm.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by milasmama View Post
    Thanks mischa, great advice. I think I am happy knocking Thea, Loki and Nelson off the list.

If Claudius is clunky, isn't Octavius/Octavian even more so? Hmm.
    Claudius contains a "clawd" sound so I find it clunky compared to Octavius/Octavian which just roll off the tongue. Does that make sense?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I absolutely LOVE Mila and Vesper as a sibset! Vesper makes me think of the very pretty woman in the new James Bond movies. Vesper Callia would be lovely. I also really love Elowen, but I don't think it flows particularly well with anything from your fn list.

For boys my choice would be Atticus. I think it sounds fantastic with Mila. Though I would probably go with a one syllable middle with it, and you don't really seem to be a fan of short names From your list I like the combo Atticus Pascoe the best.

And I think as long as you don't name your second something like Ophelia Alexandria Theodora Guinevere, the length of the names shouldn't matter.