Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Isis Ophelia and Atticus Ivan!
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

Mila has exotic European flair and Arden is a unisex gem so it would be nice for her sister or brother to have a great blend too. I would eliminate Ophelia and Thea from consideration as they're both too similar in sound to Mila.

GIRLS

Sylvie - a little more exotic than Sylvia
    Calla - one of the more exotic flower choices but a little matchy with Mila (two-syllable names with pronounced l's and ending in "a")
    Clara - has vintage charm but not very exotic. Again it has the similarity (Mila, Calla and Clara would begin a pattern)
    Octavia - unusual Roman gem
    Isis - if you want something totally different
    Vesper - reminds me of snake (Viper)
    Elodie - this is pretty
    Lyra - this name is trendy but I think it's still rare enough to use. It does have a similarity to Mila though (see Calla)

The only mn I like on your list is Elowen.

BOYS:

I would elimate Nelson and Claudius (too clunky), Atticus (trendy), Loki (a trickster god and it's too cutesy to take seriously) and Atlas (just odd) as first names.

Octavius/Octavian - I'm not sure which version I prefer. They're both pretty awesome. Combo Suggestions: Octavius Ambrose and Octavian Pascoe.
    Aurelius - I really love this name! Aurelius Ivan would be awesome!
    Rouvin - I think this looks and sounds wonderful with Mila. It's unexpected but they work together. Rouvin Casimir would be wonderful!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks mischa, great advice. I think I am happy knocking Thea, Loki and Nelson off the list.

If Claudius is clunky, isn't Octavius/Octavian even more so? Hmm.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by milasmama View Post
    Thanks mischa, great advice. I think I am happy knocking Thea, Loki and Nelson off the list.

If Claudius is clunky, isn't Octavius/Octavian even more so? Hmm.
    Claudius contains a "clawd" sound so I find it clunky compared to Octavius/Octavian which just roll off the tongue. Does that make sense?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I absolutely LOVE Mila and Vesper as a sibset! Vesper makes me think of the very pretty woman in the new James Bond movies. Vesper Callia would be lovely. I also really love Elowen, but I don't think it flows particularly well with anything from your fn list.

For boys my choice would be Atticus. I think it sounds fantastic with Mila. Though I would probably go with a one syllable middle with it, and you don't really seem to be a fan of short names From your list I like the combo Atticus Pascoe the best.

And I think as long as you don't name your second something like Ophelia Alexandria Theodora Guinevere, the length of the names shouldn't matter.