Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I intended on going paci free, but decided I like my sanity better

I'm kidding. But, my daughter isn't great at self soothing, and has difficulty falling asleep. She'd fall asleep with my boob in her mouth, but no matter how gently I unmatched, she'd wake up. If I give her the pacifier, she'll go back to sleep.

Really we only use it when trying to get her to sleep, or in the car. I'm hoping I can begin to teach her to self soothe soon.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Neither of my kiddos would take a pacifier. We endured some good screaming fits (especially in the car), but it's definitely doable.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

If your baby isn't very interested, I wouldn't offer one. It really just depends on the baby I think... some babies are good at self soothing and don't really like paci's. Others need them immensely. We know a couple that decided to go paci free during pregnancy and when their baby was born, he was very needy and absolutely could not soothe himself, he cried ALL THE TIME. Literally, from birth to about 9 months old, the kid just cried. He would eat and be ready to fall asleep but he just couldn't manage it and ending up crying himself to sleep or using his Mother's breast as a pacifier (which irritates me beyond belief) They never budged on the pacifier thing, and he's about 17 months old now and still cries when a stranger enters the room.

I was always one of the staunch "no pacifiers after 6 months old" kind of people but Rowan still has her paci at night and when we're riding in the car. She is asking for them less and less and I believe eventually, she is just gonna give them up altogether. She realizes they are for sleeping and keeps them in her bed. I don't think they hindered her in any way, she has always been a great sleeper because of them.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I have twins and they always had completely different opinions on pacifiers. Maddie detests tem and it took ages to convince Jamie to give his up. It depends on the child but I say try to go without if they can bare it.

My little guy just wouldn't take one. We were really happy about that for a while, and then he found his fingers.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah