Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delilah

Delilah is beautiful! Also, my dog's name is Lila, named after a best friend growing up, so I have good feelings towards the name, however you choose to spell it! Luna is always on the top list for me
    G: Sawyer, Clementine, Evangeline, Natalie, Hazel, Saiorse, Stella, Wren (Birdie), Bianca, Melody, Roux, Olive, India Scout, Minerva, Delilah, Daisy, Darcy, Clio, Junia, Pfeifer, Kate, Mary Claire, Violet, Fiona, Ella, Poppy
    B: Balthasar, Basil, Ezekiel, Reuben, Sebastian, Finnian, Eric, Dean, Wallace (Wally), Zephyr, Cecil, Lysander, Schuyler, Nico
    Girl Groups: Clementine, Mary Claire, Stella
    Boy Bands: Balthasar Alexander, Cecil, Basil
    Twin Teams: Luna and Linus

I'm one of those who have issues with the Biblical connotations. However, a bigger issue for me is that flippin' song! I know a little Delilah and I sing it every single time. Needless to say her mother is not amused. I also sing Come on Eileen to my friend Eileen too, so maybe it's just me.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I have no idea who she was or what the biblical meaning is? Could someone tell me? Everytime I look for means I just get "queen of the night" of "long hair" ?!

Quote Originally Posted by sophieray21 View Post
    I have no idea who she was or what the biblical meaning is? Could someone tell me? Everytime I look for means I just get "queen of the night" of "long hair" ?!
    In the Old Testament, Delilah cuts Samson's hair, thus draining him of his strength and betraying his trust, for money. She is regarded as a temptress.

On a separate note, I wouldn't let the Biblical thing bother you (unless of course you're religious). Names like Jezebel, Magdalena and Lillith are used, and they have far worse connotations.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I am not particularly religious... And if I'm honest that's not as bad as I thought there could be a lot worse meanings? Is it just me who thinks this!