Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Absolutely. I recently met a naturally conceived set of quadruplets. As far as I know it's not possible to naturally conceive anything more than quintuplets, and even that is shockingly rare.

ETA: I've come across a few sets of triplets while doing genealogy research and photographing cemeteries. I remember seeing a set born in the 1870s, but the poor little souls didn't live longer than a day.
    Last edited by southern.maple; August 16th, 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Lois- loved that link- thanks for sharing it.

This site lists 1 in 8,100 chance of having triplets naturally (30% of triplets born are naturally conceived): Multiples in pregnancy - twins triplets quads identical and fraternal development information - Baby2see.com
    Conceiving and carrying to term/birth are two different things. I think conceiving triplets may be more common than people think, but one or more babies does not survive - much like a "vanishing twin" where you would not even know you were ever carrying twins because the second baby was absorbed /stopped developing so early in the pregnancy that no symptoms occurred.

Our youngest two started off in the womb as 3. So yes, I naturally conceived triplets. We only know this was a potential triplet pregnancy because I had a very early ultrasound (6.5 wks) because I have high risk pregnancies/maternal issues. We saw 3 babies, but only 1 heartbeat. Two weeks later, we saw 2 babies and 2 heartbeats. The triplet had been reabsorbed as we suspected may happen. If my pregnancy history was normal and I didn't have that ultrasound, we would have had no idea.
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

yes, but the higher the number the greater the risk that some or all of them do not survive to term or very long after birth
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

yeah, of course it can happen.
    I know someone who is a triplet, he and his brothers were born naturally and the parents didn't get any help to get pregnant either.
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

My grandma was a triplet her and her brothers were born nearly 60 years ago, so no medical help there. I don't know how close to full-term they were but they all were born living...one of the boys died years later from an accident though :/
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie