Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree, a "y" adds a feminine look, but Taren/Taran is very masculine. I know an adult Taren who spells with the "e'
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

I agree that usually the "y" added into a name makes it look feminine, but somehow Taryn does not fall into that category for me. I love Taryn for a boy!! Oh, how I would love to meet the mom of a little boy named Taryn. I could compliment the heck out of it!!

I have a close female friend named Taryn, so it's weird for me to imagine it for a girl. But it's not a particularily feminine name, and with a spelling like Taran I can easily see it on a guy.

Llyod Alexander wrote a pretty well-known series of children's books where one of the main characters is a male Taran. Have you heard of The Black Cauldron?

I always thought it was a boy's name, I've never heard it on a girl. It just makes me think of Taran from The Black Cauldron, the Disney film based on a series of books.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by hanniekitt View Post
    I always thought it was a boy's name, I've never heard it on a girl. It just makes me think of Taran from The Black Cauldron, the Disney film based on a series of books.
    The character from the Black Cauldron was my first thought, I don't like it with the Y, it think it looks better spelled Taran or Tarrin
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath