Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Taryn for a Boy?

I'm certainly not expecting anytime soon, but as a writer I pay a lot of attention to names because I'm always looking for more character ideas.

One name that I am absolutely in love with is the name Taryn - but for a boy. It's not very commonly used as a male name but I've been in love with it for over a year. One of my good friends is named Taryn, but mainly he went by Taz. The name fit him very well - he was very artistic and creative and an out-of-the-box thinker.

I find the full name very appealing, and I actually prefer it as a boy's name. That may be because that's how the name was introduced to me, though. I also love the name because of the connection it has to my friend.

I know Taryn as a boy's name isn't seen very often, and I'd like to hear opinions on it. I'd really love to use this name for my child many years into the future. I'm also a little biased towards somewhat unique names because I've grown up with a name you don't see too often and had a great experience so far. What do you think about the name Taryn for a boy?
    ♡nadia♡
    a teenage writer and long-time name junkie

Favorites:
    BOYS: Tate | Bo
    GIRLS: Helena | Natalia | Aura
    CURRENT NAME CRUSHES: Violet | Luna | Cosette | Ezra

Helena Jane | Tate William | Natalia Persephone

I would spell it Taran. Parents are putting random y's in names to make them more "feminine" so Taryn would be viewed as a feminine form. Taryn Power was the daughter of actor Tyrone Power so it's a female name for me with this spelling. Taran Noah Smith was a child actor on the TV show "Home Improvement" so this spelling is the masculine one.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh my goodness, I love Taryn for a boy!! (check in my signature..) I have no idea where I came up with it, but it makes me excited to see someone else loving it.... I've thought about different spellings (Taren, Tarren) like @mischa, but i actually like this one best. I would love to see it on a boy, I know its generally a girl's name, but I think it sounds masculine enough to work. I think it's an awesome name.
    debating which is better Truth/True/Truly Truth/True/Truly

It sounds, without seeing on paper, very unisex, perhaps masculine - makes me think of a trendy-fied version of Aaron with a T, or Terrence minus the last couple letters. But seeing it written on a computer or on paper, Taryn looks very feminine to me. Mischa's suggestion works well; I think Terren would be probably your best, most clearly masculine bet.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I've known many of both genders with this name. It's pretty 80s since most are close in age to me. It's a nice name. Taron, Terren, Tarryn, Taren, and Taryn are the spellings I've seen

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden