Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would you please rank my list of boy names from favorite to least favorite?

I would really appreciate opinions on the names on my list. Although we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl yet, I am almost certain it is a boy. I am wanting names that sound decent (if not perfect) with my step-children Josiah, Stella, and Emma. Middle name will be either Andrew (after my father), Charles (after my father-in-law), or Henry (my mother-in-law's maiden name and my husband's middle name).

The List:
    Milo Andrew
    August Charles
    Henry Andrew
    Hollis Andrew
    Rhys Andrew
    Levi Andrew
    Amos Henry
    Orlando Andrew (my hang up on Orlando is that I am afraid the name is ONLY associated with Mr. Bloom)
    Orlando Charles
    Conrad Henry

Other suggestions are welcome. I just want a good idea of what I want before I start trying to talk names with DH.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

My rankings:
    1) Conrad
    2) Henry
    3) Milo
    4) August
    5) Orlando
    6) Rhys
    7) Amos

As far as Orlando goes, my initial thoughts are of Florida and Shakespeare. I honestly kind of forgot about Orlando Bloom until you mentioned it.

I think a lot of people will think of Orlando Bloom, but so what? He's a beautiful man, seems very kind and genuine. Then there's Orlando, Charlemagne's military leader and "leading man" in the Italian renaissance poems Orlando Furioso and Orlando Innamorato, Virginia Woolf's beautiful novel and Orlando in Shakespeare's fabulous As You Like It

Orlando Charles
    Conrad Henry
    Orlando Andrew
    August Charles
    Rhys Andrew
    Milo Andrew
    Hollis Andrew
    Amos Henry
    Henry Andrew
    Levi Andrew
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

1)Milo Andrew
    2)Rhys Andrew
    3)August Charles
    4)Conrad Henry
    5)Henry Andrew
    6)Orlando Charles I also like Orlando Henry. When I hear Orlando, I think of Disneyworld, not bloom.
    7)Levi Andrew

All of these combos I like. I like the firsts and middles. It's simply a matter of preference.
    Now the next three not so much:
    1. Orlando Andrew I keeping slipping when I say it. I somehow keep rhyming Orlando and Andrew. The -and part sticks out to me. I like both of these names, but not together.
    2. Amos Charles I have never known an Amos. I think Famous Amos (cookies?) and Amos and Andy. Not so much my choice. But if you like it it's usable.
    3. Hollis Andrew I used to like this one more. The only Hollis I knew was a girl, but it's not popular for girls. It could work. Just not my favorite. I like so many of your favorites more.
    Last edited by emilyva; August 16th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

August Charles (Josiah, Stella, Emma, August is really cute I think)
    Orlando Charles (Don't think there's anything wrong with being associated with them, but also, Ottilie brings up other Orlando's that I agree with)
    Rhys Andrew
    Henry Andrew
    Conrad Henry
    Levi Andrew
    Milo Andrew
    Hollis Andrew (Reminds me too much of Hollister)
    Amos Henry
    Orlando Andrew (not a fan of Orland with this middle name at all.)
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver