Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Honestly, I think this (again) has to do with what kind of home you come from. If your parents named you Catherine or Andrew, chances are you come from a more conservative background and are more likely to go into a classic profession. If your parents named you Merlin or Lilith you probably come from a more alternative background, and the lines of work you're interested in probably reflect that.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

That study you're all talking about isn't about baby names. It's about black-sounding names. They concluded that employee won't hire you if you're black, so I could easily conclude it's not about baby names. It's about racism.. End of story.

I doubt future employee of Ottilie's baby or catloverd's baby would ditch this baby (future worker) if he is promising or have everything needed for job. He could just close the business or ditch half of candidates who could be equally good or better. After all, more and more children get unusual name. He can't ditch them all.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress View Post
    That study you're all talking about isn't about baby names. It's about black-sounding names. They concluded that employee won't hire you if you're black, so I could easily conclude it's not about baby names. It's about racism.. End of story.
    Um... I'm not sure what the study was since my DH read it and told me about it, but there was nothing about "black names" according to him
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    Um... I'm not sure what the study was since my DH read it and told me about it, but there was nothing about "black names" according to him
    Freakonomics. Perhaps others, but that book/movie for sure covered that exact topic. "Black"-sounding names (however the employer determines that) don't get call backs.

Futurekids will have 2-syllable French surname.

Name Lust:

Oriana • Zara • Shoshanna • Damaris
    Greta • Elowen • Marina • Geneva
    Delphine • Hero • Gemma • Zora
    Zuzana "Zuzu" • Ventura • Marie-Noëlle
    Linden • Anouk • Georgiana • Juniper

Branson • Hugo • Kit • Chance • Alban
    Kingsley • Fox • Theodore • Judah