Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lets talk about Winslow

This is one of my recent name crushes, I love the -o endings and sounds soft yet masculine. What do you think of the name?

Also, what do you think would be a nice middle name for Winslow. I am liking Winslow Felix and Winslow Tobias. Any suggestions?

TIA
    my joy, Felix Rafferty (9.2013)
    Rose Aveline | Theo Evander

August Flynn | Jasper Bennett | Maxwell Alaric
    Jemima Primrose | Maeve Aurelia | Willa Marigold

Winslow isn't really my style because of a few factors. For me, Winslow will always be the mouse living in CatDog's house. I also see "window" when I look at it. I can also see teasing potential playing off the "slow" part of the name. Just thought those were all worth your consideration.

That said, while it's an older name I don't think it would look out of place what with a few Milos and Harlows running around. It has a nice sound. Out of your combos, I like Winslow Felix the best!
    Current favorites:
    Genevieve - Eloise - Rosalie - Cecelia - Adelaide - Felicity
    and
    Theodore - Oliver - Henry - Myles - Silas - Finn

I feel Winslow is one that, although originally masculine, will sadly be won over by the girls. It lends itself to the nn. Winnie which I think is totally cute (on a girl obviously). For a boy I would therefore try and team it with a strong, undeniably masculine, perhaps more traditional, name like:
    Winslow John
    Winslow Edward
    Winslow Michael
    Winslow Joseph

GL.

I like the sound of it a lot, but I do agree the "slow" part of the name could be a problem. Maybe not though... maybe Winslow will grow up to be a track star

I don't think Winnie is an exclusively female NN... Winnie the Pooh was male, and Win is a striking NN for a boy, so there's still hope. You could also look at Winston, Windsor, or Winsome as similar options.
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

I really like Winslow, imo it is all male. Winslow fits in well with the popular O-sounds and the surname names. I would love to meet a little boy named Winslow. Oh, and Winslow Felix sounds great!