Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help with refreshing our grandmothers names

Hi berries! I need your help! My DH and I have one son together Henry Jon. He was named after our fathers which really ment a lot to both if us. At last minute I almost tried to talk DH into a different name because of Henry's rising popularity but we know of no other Henry's in our town and it is a meaningful name. We did not know what we were having and praise The Lord we had Henry because for the life of us we could not agree on a girl name. I am not kidding when I say we went to the hospital with a name of 20/25 girl names and no solid combos! Now that we have decided to start trying for another I want to get a head start on naming so I am more prepared this time around. DH insists we stick with family names. He likes the idea for first and middle both being family names but is ok with only one. Here is what we have to work with:

Bertha Gerene
    Marcella
    Mary
    Marie
    Donna Lee

Other names that we like
    Etta (prob not a good idea for Henry's sister)
    Hazel
    Matilda
    Maribel
    Violet
    Maizie
    Dot/Dorothy
    Winnie
    Bea/Beatrix (I love this DH thinks Bea is Bee-ah and isn't in love with Beatrix)

Male family names that may be used as girl middle names:
    Nilan
    James
    Fairbanks

One more thing. Our next boy will most likely be George (NOT AFTER THE PRINCE!!!)
    Please help!
    Thank you!!

Marcella could be March or Marcy but I rather like it in the original.
    Mary..Marion, Mariana, and the double barrels like Mary-Katherine\kate
    Bertha..this is a little hard but any of the names ending in Berta would work.
    Sorry not sure if this is any help.

Violet Marcella would be cute. Have you considered digging deeper in the family tree?

Love your sons name!

Variations on Mary/Marie
    Rosemary
    Miriam
    Marielle
    Mariella
    Mariana
    Maire
    Mairi
    Malia
    Mara
    Mariette
    Maryse
    Marika
    Maura
    Moira
    Marian
    Marianne
    Anne-Marie

I also think any name that ends in "lee" sound could work for honoring Donna Lee.

Love Maribel and Violet from your other list.
    Last edited by lavenderbelle; August 16th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Expecting #1 June 2015
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Keira-Gwen-Freya-Anna-Eve-Adeline-Claire-Arianne-Lila-Elsa-Cosima-Elowen-Lena-Anya-Faye-Corinne-Piper-Violet-Cleo-Nina-Zara

Rhys-Cillian-Ronan-Declan-Griffin-Finn-Sean-Owen-Miles-Lorcan-Graham-Kai-Jack-Ian-Cullen-Emmett-Lucas-Cormac-Archer-George-Alexander

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea

I don't know if you like the idea of smushing names, but I saw Mary and Nilan and thought Milan/Milana might be a nice compromise. I believe it means "grace." (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too tired to look it up right now.) Also Marcella + Donna = Donatella or Marciana. Or Donnely (Donna Lee) for a future son's middle name.

Fairbanks is a really interesting choice, I think I would really like it as a middle for something feminine, such as Violet, Maribel or Beatrix, which are all lovely names.
    Here are my favs:
    Maribel or Beatrix Fairbanks and Violet Marie/Marion

I think Bertha is pretty far gone and can't think of a way to save it. Wanted to suggest Mirabel.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Silveria, Vitellia, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Howell, Theron, Sander