Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Huckleberry Help

My wife and I are strongly considering the name Hucklebery (nn Huck) for our first son. We both love the name, but I am still a little hesitant. I've read a lot of the forums here, and it seems the nameberrians are pretty split down the middle. Either he will love his name and recognize it as the strong, American, wholesome name it is, or he will hate it and spend his life getting beat up and called *uckleberry on the playground. Like I said, Huckleberry has been my favorite name for a long time, but I don't want my kid to resent me (or his name).

So my question is: does anyone know any older kids or adults named Huckleberry? What do they think of their name? What's their experience been like? Was is tough growing up, and do they wish they had been named something else? Or do they love it?!

Thanks!

I love the name Huckleberry, and I would absolutely use it for my little boy, with no hesitations. Huck is a fantastic nickname, if you are worried your little guy will hate it...give him a more common middle name he can choose to use...if he must.

Huckleberry has literary connections, and everybody has at least heard the name. I do not think the child will actually get made fun of...
    I do not know any Huckleberrys, however, My family has generations of Truesberrys, whom to my knowledge have never been made fun of...or harassed.
    I think Huckleberry will actually become more used soon, not to say it will be Top 100, or even 1000..but you may meet 1 or 2 little Huckleberrys in the coming years!
    I say, use it!

I Loooooovvvvvvvveeeee Huckleberry. It has strong literary connections from a popular American novel, so it's not like it is in recognizable. I hardly find it teasible. i also know an adult by thjs name. He goes by Huck.

I want twin boys so I can name them Bramble and Huckleberry.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Guinevere, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Hebe Dilwen, Foxglove Amabel, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

Non-Nature Loves: Hestia & Bartleby
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

I also wanted to add that I almost feel that boys will appreciate a "different" name more than a girl does. Girls are more often saddled with non- top 1000 names than boys (as in more boys get "common" names). I personally know a family with little girls named Thora and Elm with a little boy named Jacob and another family with a daughter named Eulalie and twin boys named Justin and Evan. I just feel people tend to "play it safe" with boys more than girls.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Guinevere, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Hebe Dilwen, Foxglove Amabel, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

Non-Nature Loves: Hestia & Bartleby
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Huckleberry is a great name especially considering the awesome nickname of Huck! I have never personally met a Huckleberry but you could always give him a traditional middle name so if he really despises Huckleberry he can go by that. Fun fact I also just read that Bear Grylls has a son named Huckleberry.