Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rhys, Reese, or Reece?

I'm not sure how serious I am about this name yet, but it has been on my mind the past day or so. My only hang up is the spelling of it. I really like the Rhys spelling, but even though I know it isn't, I am afraid other will think this spelling is trendee or kre8ive.

What do you as a berry think of this name and the different spellings?

What do you think a non-berry would think?

Does the name even sound alright with my step-children's names (Josiah, Stella, and Emma) or am I way off base?

Other first name suggestions are welcome as well (bonus points if they sound well with either the middle name Andrew or Charles)!
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I love Rhys. It's a traditional (Welsh) spelling, actually. Reese/Reece are Anglicized spellings of the same name-- so those are actually the "kre8tyv" spellings.

I can see how a non-berry might think you are taking liberties with the english language, but rest assured that your name choice is well-grounded in history. As for the siblings, I think it blends nicely.

Alternate ideas:

Edmund
    Henry
    Oliver
    Peter
    Thomas
    Benjamin

I love Rhys! I don't like any of the other spellings. Rhys is the most masculine love it!
    ~Beautiful son Leo Alexander born 2012~

Girls: Evangeline~Penelope~Emmeline~Margot~Caroline~Augus ta

Boys: Oliver~Everett~Henry~Leo~Sebastian~Felix~Arthur

I love Rhys as well. I think it looks nice and I don't think anyone will think twice about it. It sounds nice with the other children's names too.
    Da to Julianna Piper, Zane Ronan, Aisling Evania, Lysander Tristan and a little surprise sometimes in April

I'm another berry who loves Rhys. There are a few famous bearers of that name (Rhys Ifans, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, John Rhys Davies and Matthew Rhys, to name a few), so it might not be as confusing for others as you think. As to whether it sounds well with Josiah, Stella and Emma, I think Rhys would fit in nicely with his older brother and sisters' names
    * James * Henry * Baker * Ronan * Harry * Rhys * Shepard *
    * Maisie * Beatrice * Sadie * Violet * Zoey * Mary * Caroline * Matilda *