Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

opinions on spelling

Hubs and I have been TTC for over 5 years now. We are starting fertility treatments at the end of this month. 5 years is a long time to think about names and our girl name was set pretty early on. Parker (my maiden name) Gail (MIL's mn). We just recently decided between 2 boys names and the one we landed on seems to be unanimously hated by berries but it has a good bit of meaning to us. My husband is a trekker who works at a prison so our chosen boy name is Ryker/Riker.

My question is, even if you hate the name, which spelling do you prefer. Hubs likes Riker because it is how Number 1 on Star Trek The Next Generation spells his surname and how the prison is New York, Riker's Island is spelled.

I prefer Ryker. It looks trendiest, which I don't like, but I like the way it looks written out.

So, WDYT? Riker or Ryker?

Currently TTC #1 with the help of Clomid.

Girl -- Parker Gail
    Boy -- Riker Joseph

Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart.

Ryker for sure. Kind of like Ryder.

My SIL said the same thing.

Girl -- Parker Gail
    Boy -- Riker Joseph

My brain can't wrap itself around this one-- I agree with your husband's logic but I also agree that Ryker looks more like a name. So overall, I am of no help whatsoever. (count my vote whichever way you like)

Riker just looks like biker and not like a name to me. Then again he wanted to name a boy after him, which would make baby the third and call him 3.

Girl -- Parker Gail
    Boy -- Riker Joseph