Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks for feedback. Seems could def go either way for people. I think if Edgar felt like too much for a little boy, at least Eddie is a nice nn option. My grandfather and uncle are both Ed's (Edward).
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    The eggs thing must be UK related because I don't understand that connection. Maybe it's my accent.

It's a tad unusual and definitely on the vintage train, but I don't mind it. I might like Edwin better.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm a bit confused by the egg thing.

I really like Edgar! I'd be thrilled to meet a little Edgar. I like Ned as a nickname for it.

I have to go along with the pro-Edgar crowd. I think its kind of interesting and the nn Ned or Eddie gives it kid appeal.

(I don't get the egg thing either)

I love the name Edgar! Reminds me of pro baseballer Edgar Martinez. I'm a Mariners fan so he is a great with us, good association.

It's probably not the more popular of the Ed- names, but it is my favorite of them. I think it works with Mhairi and Fiona.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I don't really like it at all, tbh. It reminds of of the bad butler in The Aristocats and being the first name of a very strange teacher I used to have. I much prefer Edmund.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan