Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honest opinions on Edgar?

What do you think of Edgar!? Seems like might be a bit out there to me but was going through name lists off nameberry w/ my husband today and he actually liked Edgar. This is a man who literally just says no to every suggestion I make but offers none. So if he likes something, I take notice. And to be honest, I kind of like it too. But worried what people might think. Have a strong feeling my family would hate it. And does it sounds good or weird w/ sisters Mhairi and Fiona?? Honesty appreciated.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I really, really like Edgar. It has always been at the top of my list. It's the most fun of the Ed/Eddie names, to me. My husband likes it because of the connection to Poe, which I think is a little macabre and tragic for a baby. But it kind of works, too.

I don't see how Edgar is that unusual. It seems like a perfectly viable choice to me, and I like it with sisters Mhairi and Fiona.

Edgar is not really my style as I prefer Edison but if you like it then go for it! I think it fits well with your sibset and older names are being used more now so if it is the top of your list then I think it'd work. It's easy to spell and pronounce unlike some modern names!

Ok thanks for the feedback. I loved Edgar Allen Poe as a child..was a weird kid haha. I guess I just worry it sounds a bit harsh or something for a baby? But I love Angus too which has a similar rugged feel. I like 'old man' names for boys. My husband said no to Angus though but loves Edgar so def putting it on list.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I love the contrast of the rather dark, dusty, dramatic Edgar on a freshly birthed little human.