Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I personally don't care for Caira or Marsa, although they have special meaning to you, because they are a bit too creatively spelled for my taste. Anneliese, I think, is gorgeous, but I prefer Annelies overall as a name. When I say Anneliese, I say it as Anna-Lisa, and Annelies as Anne-Elise. Different spellings could be Annalise, Annelise, or even Annelyse. Xanthe I am a bit indifferent to - I prefer Ianthe. Pegwin, though, I must say sounds quite similar to penguin. I would constantly think of penguins or perhaps mispronounce her as "Penguin" if I met your daughter Pegwin, although I understand the well-meaning association of naming after grandmothers.
    -- Lottie --

You could use the name Xandra as an alternative honor name for Alexander.

I don't think they are as bad as people say! I love the idea of Pegwin (I have a thing for these kind of names), if I should choose my favourite it'd be Caira.
    Proud creator of Emmanuelle, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

~Femke Yvaine, Andromeda Dragomir, Lavender Signe, Sage Amaryllis, Winter Willow~
    ~Alexander Ludwig, Lionel Fairfax, Story Oswald, Flannery Fox, Vale Valkyrie~

Anneliese and Xanthe would also be my favourites but Caira is quite nice too - I think due to it being pronounced like Cairo with an -a, most people would get the pronunciation straight away, if that was a concern with the name. The others aren't really my style, but I love their special meaning to you. Anneliese Caira Hudson sounds and looks lovely, so that would be my vote, I think. Good luck!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam EiraMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Caieta Ruth

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I think Pegwin is going to come off the list, Pegwin Hudson doesn't sound as great as the other names do with our surname.

I really like the suggestion of Xanthe Caira/Cairo, definitely be putting that one to the husband as a combination later.

Wildewest - I love the idea of Garrett to honour a Margaret, especially as that is her full name (which she is rarely called, but that's irrelevant.) I didn't think of that one when we were throwing around boy names but I'll hold it in mind for number two.