Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why Is Sibset So Important?

I am due with a daughter next month and have a son. Help me understand why sibsets are important? Why do my kids names need to sound perfectly compatible together? What is it I am missing here?

Also, for your opinion on my names:

DS is named Tejan Anakin. Tejan is pronounced tay-jin and is sanskrit because DH is Indian. Anakin we just liked and no we are not star wars fans and could care less who darth vader is.

I don't like most Indian girl names. This time for a girl we are considering the following:

Annika Belle
    Audrey Annika
    Diana Karthayini
    Mayuri Sky

Are any of these particularly incompatible with Tejan? And why does it matter? And which do you like?

Most people on nameberry will tell you sibset is SO important....but it's not You can name your children whatever you want. I honestly don't understand what compatibility a name can have to another name, and it makes me laugh when others talk about it! Just go with names you love. Of the names you listed, I think Annika Belle would be a beautiful name!

Personally, I don't think it's that important. I think that, AT MOST, people might hear siblings' names and think, "hmm, those are different styles," and then never think about it again. I don't see that as much of a problem.

Yeah, sibsets don't matter. They're nice in theory, but in practice it just limits you.

Mayuri Sky works the best, but my favorite from your list is Diana Karthayini. Karthayini is awesome, what on earth is it?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    Yeah, sibsets don't matter. They're nice in theory, but in practice it just limits you.

Mayuri Sky works the best, but my favorite from your list is Diana Karthayini. Karthayini is awesome, what on earth is it?
    :-D

Karthayini is our favorite girl name. I would never name it as a first name after asking several people because it is extremely difficult to pronounce correctly and would be five syllables. It's a variation of the hindu Goddess Parvati and the correct spellings are either Katyayini or Karthiaeini, the latter of which I can't even remember how to spell no matter how many times I look it up. That's why I modified the spelling, even for a middle name. If I live in India this would be the name without question.