Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kit

I have never liked nickname names as full names, and indeed have spent far too much time than is really good for me thinking of nicknames for the longer names on my list. In fact, for me, it is just as much fun choosing the nickname as the name itself, a thought which I'm sure many other Berries out there share. However, (as you may have already guessed) recently I have fallen in love with Kit. Just Kit. I'm not a fan of Christopher or Christian (although Christian is growing on me) and I am completely stumped on what other boys names could be shortened to Kit. Does anyone have any other ideas? Or do you think Kit is fine just as is? Thank you!

I dont like Kit as a stand alone name but i love it as a nn for Atticus .
    “I am eternally, devastatingly romantic, and I thought people would see it because 'romantic' doesn't mean 'sugary.' It's dark and tormented — the furor of passion, the despair of an idealism that you can't attain.”

~Catherine Breillat

I love this and it's on my very short list for my baby due in the autumn. I personally don't understand the need for a longer name. I love short names ( my son is Finn) I think they're bold and decisive!

California, USA
    I love this, and sometimes I'm called it as a nickname for my middle name. Because of that, I really prefer it on a girl. I think it can stand alone, but I think it takes the right middle name for it to work.
    ~ Catholic. College. Communicative Disorders. ~
    (updated 11/3/15)
    Saints, Classics, & Norwegian Boyfriend's Influence
    ~ Alice Georgina ~ Aurora Seraphina ~ Elizabeth "Elska" Cecilia ~ Genevieve Astrid ~ Juliet Sunniva ~

~ Caspian Alexander ~ Declan Raphael ~ Ronan Oliver ~ Sebastian Anthony ~

Musings: ~ Charlotte Francesca ~

(I'm using the soo-NEE-va pronunciation of Sunniva)

Cair Paravel :)
    Atticus and Beckett are my two favorite ways to get to Kit on a boy. Although Catherine nn Kit is on my girls' list, so I'd probably never use either.
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Audrey Lila Pearl | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Adele Sofia Eloise | Zane Alexander Caspian | Aurora Cecilia Anouk | Grant Frédéric Conrad
    Zoe Charlotte Jane | Schuyler Daniel Grey | Penelope Isla Jane | Dashiell Lion Elias | Carolina Esther Jane | Rory Sebastian Rufus

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey!
    Chapter 2 is now up!!