Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    love it! but there is the Icky nickname
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Well his myth isnt my favorite but it's still a cool name. Although the Icky part is terrible. I still believe that Daedalus is a more bad a ** name.

It's kinda cute, I actually like it! I was unaware of the myth. However would be concerned it would be shortened to Icky. Though even Icky isn't so bad.

As a first name, I wouldn't use Icarus. As a middle name, I would most definitely use it!
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

If you really like Icarus, then go for it. Obviously, the Icky nickname is possible, but so is the "cooler" nickname Iggy. Maybe he'll prefer to go by his initials, maybe he'll be a fast runner and earn the title of "Speedy" or "Flash", you never know what the child might prefer to be called. And depending on your school system, other kids might not even be aware of the mythology for quite a while. I say its usable, I would love to meet a little boy named Icarus.