Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Thanks so much!!!

I feel really certain that I want to keep Mary-Elizabeth together. I like Linda-Marie as it's my sister's middle names as well as it honors our aunts and my husband's sister as well. I really like the idea of passing on the 2 sets.

As for names...
    We really like Emerson, and would chose that over any variation. Emme is just a happy nickname. We are surrounded by Elles and Ellies.
    I do love Delaney, but we have a friend with that name. Same with Avery.

Great recommendation of Jocelyn! My bff just named her baby girl Jocelyn, nn Joss. so these girls will grow up together!

And I think it's very important that if we chose 2 unisex names, that they both have feminine nicknames. Otherwise, we run into the same problem that PP have mentioned of pairing Emerson with a girly name... one still sounds masculine.

That all being said... from the suggestions, here are the ones I do like, but I don't think I am in love with yet:
    Everleigh/Everly - DH loves this name, but will it get too popular? nn Evie
    Addison - nn Addie - so popular here, though we like it.
    Greyson - nn Gracie - we have a cousin Grace... but this was a frontrunner 5 years ago.
    Hadley - nn Haddie - so cute. I loved this name once, maybe again?
    Marlowe - nn Marley - everyone feels that this is too masculine bc of the Christopher Marlowe reference, but I've always thought "girl"
    Teagan - no nn... only big downside, but I still like this.

thanks so much for the suggestions. Please keep them coming. I haven't thought of some of these names as possibilities!
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Good progress, I like your list!
    Everly - I prefer this spelling and it's a lovely name.
    Addison - Addie is cute but Addison and Emerson are a little matchy I think
    Grayson - Gracie is really popular in all its forms too, and a little matchy
    Hadley - I love Hadley. It's a great match with Emerson I think and Haddie is adorable. This would be my pick for you.
    Marlowe - I like the sound of Marlowe but I think I would spell it Marlo
    Teagan - nice, solid choice. I like that it ends in n but still has very distinct sounds from Emerson and Weston.

Have you thought of Linden? I know there are Lindas you wish to honor and that could work.

Looking at your new list, I definitely love Hadley and Marlowe for you! Emme and Haddie is particularly cute. Also, I now understand why you want to keep Mary Elizabeth together, and it's kind of cool that you're starting a new set of Linda Marie! (You could always go with Mary Lynn or Lynn Marie too, depending on the name you choose and the flow.)

thank you all so much, but this is now a Moot point.

Our babies are both boys. No need for girls names...

No traditions to ever pass on.

We're working on this one still and the big gender reveal is tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time. I was really falling for Hadley with our Emerson.
    Last edited by grecianern; August 16th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~