Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Owen?

Owen?

Thoughts? I've always overlooked it but now it's winning me over! Which spelling do you prefer- Owen, Eoin or Eoghan? If it helps, we have picked out Mairead (mah-raid) for a girls name, so Owen/Eoin/Eoghan could potentially have a sister Mairead in the future. We are in the US so I'm worried about pronunciation issues with Eoin/Eoghan (though I'm not bothered by the Mairead spelling but Eoin & Eoghan are a bit more difficult...). I love how Mairead & Eoghan look together though! What do you all think? Thanks!
    kira maeve
    recently married my best friend (Alex)

expecting #1 february, 2014...
    Mairead//Eoghan

I really like Owen, It's my favorite boys name right now! I prefer the Owen spelling

favorite names this week: Jane 🌻 Oren

I know someone with a Mairead and thought it was pronounced My-read. Learned something new today! I actually like my make-believe pronunciation better. I agree that Eoghan looks better with Mairead, but will most likely be butchered regularly.

Love Owen! It is one of my favorite boy names. While I like the way the Eoghan spelling looks with Mairead I think that if you plan on living in the US that he will have issues with how to say it from others.

It's a wonderful name. Very handsome. I also prefer the spelling Eoghan but Owen is fine too.