Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Will this ruin it? Or am I being silly?

I was at the cinema the other day and I saw a trailor for the new lego film thats coming out at the end of the year. The film looks great but here's my issue the main characters name is Emmet.

Will this ruin Emmett for me? Me and my boyfriend love the name and we always talk about having our own little Emmett and am really worried that this will ruin it for me.

What do you guys think?

Also me and my boyfriend aren't planning on having any children for another few years due to having to save for our own house and I'm still finishing my degree.

Thanks berries,
    Laurakate xo
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day

I don't know. Did the Emmett in Legally Blonde ruin the name for you? If the character is a good person, I'm not sure how a fictitious person could "ruin" a name.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

No it didn't, and am not meaning that, I'm meaning will it become popular? Therefore ruining it.
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day

Since it's a kids' movie, I don't think Emmet will get too popular, but even if it does, the name is still usable.
    ~~~In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth~~~

Popularity doesn't ruin a name. If you love it, use it regardless of popularity. Emmett's becoming popular without a movie namesake so if you don't want to use it because of popularity, you might be too late. It's something like 186 right now and has been rising for over 10 years. A movie won't change that.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey