Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sun names?

Sun names?

I've been working on an idea for a novel for a while now and I just realized that two of my character's names sound really similar. My main villain's name is Cyrus and there's a minor character, who later becomes incredibly important to the story later on, and her name WAS Cyra. It dawned on me that that was just the feminized version of Cyrus and so I changed it. Now, I can't decide if I want to use Siria, Suria or Surya.

What I want to know if it still sounds too close to Cyrus, and which version do you prefer? Also, if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'm looking for names that have to do with the sun, fire, glowing, etc. Thanks!
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix

I think that the best out of your listed three is Suria/Surya (I was pronouncing them the same). Another name that I can think of is Aidana, which means "Little Fiery One".
    Teen Berry and author
    My furry baby ~ Oliver Timothy James
    ~ Nora Ester Rose ~ Charlotte ~ Luna ~ Alice ~ Lillian ~ Elowen ~ Ella ~ Winter ~
    ~ Alexander Gideon Finnley ~ Henrik Fabian Chester ~ Edwin ~ Lucian ~ Remus ~ James ~ Nico ~

I like Suria best because, out of the three, it sounds and looks the most different from Cyrus. Other sun names are: Solana, Solenne, and Solange. Or you can try searching for sun under "meaning" on this website (it comes up with 180 names): Baby Names Search Engine - search thousands of baby names at BabyNameFacts.com
    Favorite names at the moment:
    Simone Sage
    Andre Larion

Other names I like: Veronica Vivian Lydia Octavia Bianca Flora Zulima Augustine Elsa Avalon Zamora Carmina

Well, Seraphina means 'fiery'.

I'm Indian, so maybe it's just me, but Surya just looks odd on a girl for me (hindu god of the sun, plus I got to school with two of them, both guys).
    Suria is a bit better. I'd just go with Siria, if it was me. Or you could always just SuperSearch names meaning 'sun'. There are lots of cools ones on here. Like Eliana (I think)
    But hey, you're probably not gonna have a whole of Indian readers, so if they fit, I say go for it! Good luck!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Sun names: Soleil, Apolla/Apollonia, Cymbeline, Elaine, Ellen, Kyra, Helen, Hesper, Idalia
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid